Participatory deisgn and co-design in learning analytics
This workshop focuses on Participatory Design (PD) for Learning Analytics. The main goals for this workshop are: i) introducing participants to core principles of co-design and PD that can be applied to LA contexts; ii) providing participants with the opportunity to sample some tools, techniques and methods; iii) helping participants in getting more comfortable with the challenges associated with such open-ended, participatory approaches, such that they feel comfortable with bringing them into their own LA projects; iv) fostering the development of a community of Participatory Design for LA practice. Participants attending this workshop will be able to take home some ideas and materials provided as a first step into implementing Participatory Design in their projects.
- Participatory Design in education: Case studies and examples of application of Participatory Design practices in educational settings where learning analytics are intended to be adopted by teachers and learners.
- Tools and techniques for Participatory Design: Examples of Participatory Design tools and techniques suitable for adoption by the LA community.
- Participatory Design challenges and future implementation in LA: Understand the challenges and design principles as a first step in the Participatory Design process. This also includes lessons learned from current practitioners in the field.
Participants are encouraged (but not required) to submit a paper describing their current work related to any of the three workshop themes. Submissions may describe authentic classroom examples, work in progress, or experimental approaches connected with Participatory Design for learning analytics. Authors of accepted papers will present their work as a poster during the poster/demo session.
All submissions should use the Companion proceedings format with a maximum extension to 4 pages . Contributions proceedings will be published in the Companion Proceedings to the main conference.
Companion proceedings format
All submissions should be send using our easychair page.
- October 30th – Open call for submissions
- January 2nd – Deadline for submissions (Extended Deadline!!)
- January 15th - Notifications of acceptance
- January 22nd - Confirmation of attendance (early bird registration deadline)
- January 30th - Deadline for camera ready versions
- Carlos Prieto (University of Technology Sydney)
- Theresa Anderson (University of Technology Sydney)
- Roberto Martinez-Maldonado ( University of Technology Sydney)
- Kirsty Kitto (University of Technology Sydney)
- Jen McPherson (Macquarie University)
- Mollie Dollinger (University of Melbourne)
- Context-Appropriate Scaffolding Assemblages: A generative learning analytics platform for end-user development and participatory design. David Jones, Celeste Lawson, Colin Beer, Hazel Jones.
- Contextual Inquiry, Participatory Design, and Learning Analytics: An Example. Amna Liaqat, Benett Axtell, Cosmin Munteanu, Carrie Demmans Epp
- Collaborative Personas for Crafting Learners Stories for Learning Analytics Design. Carlos Prieto Alvarez, Vanessa Echeverria Barzola, Theresa Anderson, Roberto Martinez- Maldonado